Monday, August 25, 2014

HODGE PODGE

DSC08393 (Copy)

Jim and I walk everyday and I usually bring my camera everywhere I go. Some deep cleaning, Pledging cupboards, cleaning the window runners,  hand washing, and etc. yesterday, so today, you get hodgepodge. Our neighbor has a bird feeder and I managed to get a few good shots of a pileated woodpecker several days ago.
DSC08388 (Copy)

He came,he ate.
DSC08397 (Copy)

I like the way they hang on to eat. For some reason or other, the jays come and hassle the other birds, but this feeder foils them and they can't get anything out of it.
DSC08400 (Copy)

Finches have their own feeder and the jays can't get their seeds either.
DSC08407 (Copy)

The river is low, we notice a camp across the river that in past years had but a  narrow strip of gravel in front of it.
DSC08408 (Copy)

The river has such beauty and serenity.
DSC08544 (Copy)

I didn't think this picture across the river would turn out. A small deer has nothing to fear to browse during day time.
DSC08410 (Copy)

Thunderbird Thousand Trails Park has sites on the hilly side of Ben Howard road as well as  the river side of Ben Howard. We walk both. Someone planted ivy on this tree.
DSC08411 (Copy)

It will eventually reach the top of the tree and most likely kill it. Reminds me of the strangler figs we saw in Costa Rica. The tree dies and the fig remains standing in a circular shape of the tree it killed. Of course, sometimes, the fig dies too.DSC08542 (Copy)

On the way to town, one day, I spotted a huge tree with bright red "berries". It was huge and I could never find it again to take a photo. Several smaller ones were about.
DSC08543 (Copy)

A close-up of the clusters and the leaves. It may be a kind of pepper tree. The huge one I saw was spectacularly beautiful.
DSC08541 (Copy)

The day we went to the parade, we had one of the worst lunches I've ever paid for at the Sock Eye, a restaurant with a beautiful view of a lake, but untrained wait help, slow service, and tasteless food. I can only think of twice in my life, I wrote a note and complained to the chef and manager about the food.
DSC08549 (Copy)

Late in the afternoon, I tried to read my book, but cheerful, fun voices floated up from the river as people enjoyed a Sunday river float. I got up and took a few pictures. Jim, with his impaired eyesight, took his pictures blindly, hoping for the best.  Thunderbird Thousand Trails on the Skykomish river, is one of my favorite spots to stay.
DSC08552 (Copy)
One of these time, I'm going to take this trip, "....down the lazy river, come as you please..." as it says in the song.

No comments: