Wednesday, December 31, 2014

TURNING OVER A NEW YEAR.

It is a marvelous feeling to look back on a year and find good things among the inevitable sorrows. I can say with certainty that good health is a giant totem along with grandchildren who live and learn well that life is what you put into it, brings me great joy. Grandchildren are the frosting to match the silver in my hair. Friends are gold without which life would be tarnished. I can truthfully say my cup runneth over.
I will toast all of you tonight as I hoist a glass with my son and daughter-in-law, even if the end of this year was a bummer and a lesson learned.

DSC06045 (Copy)

I received this packet from the postmaster with ruined Christmas cards and bills ransacked for checks, then tossed on Sheep Ranch Road, found there, and returned to me. It is a federal offense to steal from a postal box and I will contact them this morning. Don't know if they will bother to lift  a print from paper. I'll let you know. What I learned, is never to put checks in my mail box at Christmas time. And, I'm grateful they were found so my friends don't wonder why they didn't hear from me. It took over two hours at the bank to get my account changed. If they hadn't been found, I wouldn't have known and my account information could have been sold to some professionals.

But on to the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want. (Traditional.)

I love toasts and here are a few fun ones:
As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters point in the wrong direction!

Here is one bottle for the four of us. Thank God there's no more of us.

Bless oh Lord, these delectable vittles
May they go to your head and not to your middles.
Here's to the bottle that holds a store of imprisoned joy and laughter,

Here's to the bottle, many more bottles, and others to follow after

(But, don't rack up too many.) 
Happy New Year

No comments: